Perth, 3 + 4 December 2019
Art & The Heart - a business photography workshop by Samm Blake & Dan O’Day
One on one mentoring is a personalized workshop where you are the only student. It’s catered to exactly what you want to learn and where you are at with your photographer - you can ask anything. It’s a time to help you find you in your photography and give you the tools to create or improve.We can cover anything you want to learn and any photographer is welcome to book - it does not matter if you are an amateur photographer and just at the very start of your photography career or a professional photographer wanting to refine your focus and overhaul your business.
With the portfolio review option - I will conduct a full review of your website, the images you showcase in your website and 1 full wedding. I will spend time in-advance going over everything and compile a report for you. We will then arrange a 1.5 hour video conference call to go over it all and your chance to ask any questions.
For a 8 hour - $1700
For 4 hours - $950
For 2 hours - $550
Portfolio Review (report & 1.5 video conference) - $800
The 4 + 8 hour sessions can be held in the flesh in New York City.
The 2 +4 hour sessions & the portfolio review is done through a video conference call only.
The 4 hour session can be done by video conference if you are not able to make it to NYC.
(If you see i’ll be in your city and I have availability, happy to book in a session during my travels. Just reach out to see what is possible. )
Mentoring - what is covered?
Anything you want to learn. Some areas we can tackle are :
- Finding your own artistic style - finding your true self as an artist.
- How to shoot in manual mode and working with natural light or with flash
- Using different lenses and their purposes.
- Interacting with your subjects - how to make couples not look so posed
- Client meetings and setting client expectations
- Pricing for portraits and weddings
- Post processing your images to find a creative process that defines your style
- Workflow - from booking a client to order fulfilment
- Displaying and sharing your images off screen - prints & albums
- Websites and blogging - how to have a clear voice and attract the clients you want
- Marketing yourself - branding, getting your work published
- Legal stuff - contracts, model releases, copyright, image licensing
- Questions - YOU can ask whatever questions YOU like - i’m an open book :)
How to book?
I only offer a limited number of mentor sessions per year and are offered on a first come, first served policy. Please contact me to book in a date and a 50% deposit is due at that time to confirm the date. Remainder is due 2 weeks before the session.
Questions? Ready to book in?
Please reach out if you would like to book in for a one on one mentoring session.